“Get ready to elevate your bathroom game in 2023 with the latest design trends.
In this blog post we will cover all the latest trends from 3D tiles to designer niches, shower
ledges, niche lighting, tile wainscots, oversized tiles' and checkerboard floor tiles, these elements
will not only enhance the functionality of your bathroom but also add a touch of elegance and
sophistication to your space.”
According to designers, 3D tiles are a top trend for 2023 due to their wide array of styles and ability to steal the show in any space.
3D tiles are different from traditional tiles because they have a three-dimensional design that adds depth and texture to any space. Including 3D tiles in your next bathroom remodel can elevate the overall look and feel of the space, making it more visually interesting and unique. Additionally, 3D tiles can create a sense of movement and play with light and shadows, adding an extra layer of visual interest to your bathroom design.
When selecting a 3D tile for your bathroom remodel, consider the following:
- The size and shape of the tile – choose a size and shape that complements your bathroom’s design
- The texture and finish – select a tile with a suitable texture and finish that is slip-resistant and easy to clean
- The color and pattern – choose a color and pattern that enhances the bathroom’s overall aesthetic
- The quality and durability of the tile – select a high-quality tile that can withstand moisture and frequent use in the bathroom.
Designers are recommending customizing a larger niche for your shower to create a more functional and aesthetically pleasing space. By customizing the size and shape of the niche, you can ensure it fits your specific needs and complements the overall design of your bathroom. Some popular designer niches include adding lighting or shelving to the niche for added functionality.
When customizing your bathroom niche, consider using the same tile as the rest of the shower to create a seamless look. This is a top trend in bathroom design that allows the niche to blend in with the shower instead of standing out as a decorative focal point.
Shower ledges are becoming popular among designers because they offer a convenient and modern way to store toiletries and other items in the shower. Additionally, they can add a decorative element to the overall design of the bathroom. It seems that the shower ledge trend will continue to be a top design element in 2023.
When designing a shower ledge for your bathroom, you may want to consider the following:
- The size and shape of your shower space
- The height and width of the ledge to accommodate toiletries and other items
- The materials you want to use, such as tile, stone, or quartz
- The location of the ledge in the shower, such as along the back wall or in a corner
- Any additional features you may want, such as built-in lighting or a sloped surface to prevent standing water.
Niche lighting in showers has been gaining popularity in bathroom design trends for 2023. This type of lighting involves placing small LED lights within shower niches to create a subtle, yet stunning effect. The result is a relaxing and luxurious ambiance that enhances the overall shower experience.
When designing lighting for your shower niche, consider the following:
- Safety: Use only fixtures that are rated for wet or damp locations.
- Functionality: Choose lighting that illuminates the niche well enough for practical use.
- Style: Select fixtures that complement the design aesthetic of the bathroom.
- Positioning: Place the lighting in a way that avoids casting shadows and provides even lighting.
- Energy efficiency: Look for LED fixtures that are energy-efficient and long-lasting.
- Dimming capabilities: Consider fixtures that have dimming capabilities to create a relaxing atmosphere.
In 2023, tile wainscoting is becoming the modern approach to bathroom design, replacing traditional wainscoting.
Designers are choosing tile wainscots over traditional options because they can provide a more durable and water-resistant solution for areas prone to moisture, such as bathrooms and kitchens. Tile also offers a wide range of design options and can add texture and interest to a space.
When selecting a tile for a tile wainscot, there are a few things to consider:
- Style: Choose a tile that complements the overall style of the room. For example, a classic subway tile might work well in a traditional bathroom, while a bold, colorful tile might be better suited for a modern space.
- Durability: Since a tile wainscot is often located in a high-traffic area, it’s important to choose a tile that is durable and can withstand regular wear and tear.
- Size: Consider the size of the tile in relation to the size of the space. Smaller tiles can make a small space feel cluttered, while larger tiles can make a large space feel more expansive.
- Color: Choose a color that complements the overall color scheme of the room. Neutral colors like white, gray, and beige are classic choices, while bold colors can add a pop of visual interest.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the tile. Some tiles require regular sealing or special cleaning products, while others are more low maintenance.
It seems that oversized tiles are becoming a popular choice among designers for achieving a modern, seamless look in 2023.
Tiles are considered oversized when they measure more than the standard size of 12×12 inches. Oversized tiles can be a good choice for bathroom designs because they can make a small space appear larger and more spacious. They can also create a more modern, sleek look by reducing the number of grout lines visible. Additionally, larger tiles can be easier to clean and maintain in areas that are prone to moisture and humidity, like bathrooms.
When selecting an oversized tile for your bathroom remodel, here are some things to consider:
- Size and layout of the bathroom: Ensure that the size of the tile complements the size of your bathroom and its layout.
- Type of tile material: Consider the durability, slip resistance, and maintenance requirements of the tile material.
- Weight of the tile: Make sure that the flooring can support the weight of the oversized tile.
- Installation: Oversized tiles may require special installation techniques, so ensure that your contractor is experienced in working with this type of tile.
- Grout lines: Oversized tiles may require larger grout lines, which can affect the overall look of the bathroom.
- Style: Choose a tile that fits your personal style and complements the overall design of your bathroom.
Checkerboard Floor Tiles
Checkerboard floor tiles are making a comeback in bathroom design trends for 2023. Their stronghold on the design scene can be attributed to their timeless and classic appeal, as well as their ability to add visual interest and depth to a space.
When considering using checkerboard floor tiles for your next bathroom update, It’s important to choose tiles that are appropriate for the size of the room and to carefully consider the color scheme to ensure it complements the rest of the space.
Additionally, checkerboard tiles may require more maintenance than other types of flooring, so it’s important to be prepared for that. Ultimately, deciding on checkerboard floor tiles will depend on your personal style and preferences.
No matter what trends or elements you decide to add to your next bathroom update, we hope this blog post gave you some inspiration and things to think about as you start your bathroom update journey in 2023.